Monday, January 3, 2011

Another Bump in the Road it seems.......

Well, it appears as if I may have another big pot hole in this battle of Chronic Illness.  I will find out for sure tomorrow what may be done about it.  

I am back on the old food (Jevity).  But the problem I have been having (without giving too much of the personal details) is not going away.  It is now causing me to not allow me to fully complete my tube feeds (i.e. my nutrition).  This has been going on for a little over 2 weeks now.  I weighed this morning and I am now down almost 10 lbs. since this started.  This is not good.  My blood pressure is very low and I can really feel it, so we are using the feeding bags for water to keep me hydrated.  Funny, running water into my small bowel does not bother me at all.  Go figure.

So I made an emergency appointment with my GI doctor here for tomorrow morning.  I'm not sure what is going to happen, but I will keep you posted.  

Just another day in the life of a Chronic Illness......

Also, I wanted to put the word out that I have 4 cases of Nutren 2.0 formula that I cannot use.  The Health Care Agency cannot take it back once it has been in my home.  I would love to donate it to anyone who may be on Enteral Tube Feedings or knows of someone who requires this type of nutrition.  If you know of anyone or an organization, please contact me as soon as possible.

Again, I cannot thank you enough for you thoughts and prayers.  They continue to mean so much to me.

1 comment:

  1. You just keep on bumping girl... don't let this blip steal your joy or stop you from counting your blessings and enjoying all the little victories in life. Your one tough cookie!! You can do this!!

    ReplyDelete