Sunday, December 11, 2011

Cleveland Bound!

Tomorrow we will be leaving to head to The Cleveland Clinic for my surgery.  The surgery is not until Wednesday, but I have an entire day of pre-admission testing to do on Tuesday.  They are very thorough there.

Many of you know by now that this is not my first rodeo for surgeries.  We all pray that "this" will be the "one" that will help.  Only to be let down again.  This time, I am going in with a much different attitude.

With the passing of my best friend, I have realized that the whole story between Kelly and me is so much bigger than me.  I know, without a doubt, it does not end with her passing.  So that means I am left here to continue the story.  However, He see's fit.

I don't know what road I will be going down from day to day regarding this illness.  I pray that this surgery will help me.  But I cannot put all my faith that it will be the end all thing.   All I can do is know that this story and my illness has already passed through God's hands before He gave it to me.  He knows how it will end for me.  I just have to be willing to be faithful and do what my doctors tell me to do.

I still ask for your prayers and petitions.  Pray for my husband and my family as they have endured this illness with me for the past 3 years.  It has been a great hardship for them.  Pray for my doctors and my careworkers.

Thank you so very much.   I will update when I return home.

1 comment:

  1. Bonnie,
    I just happened upon your blog and felt encouraged by your faith in the Lord while dealing with GP. I also have gastroparesis since 2008 and am a Christian. I often find it discouraging to read others' stories of dealing with GP and love to hear about other people dealing with serious illnesses while placing their trust in the Lord.

    God bless,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete