Saturday, November 20, 2010

Good Saturday!

Yesterday I had an appointment with my local GI doctor, Dr. Wilson, to discuss my J-tube pain to
see how things were going with the new stints.

I have been seeing Dr. Wilson for many, many years.  I have thought about leaving Dr. Wilson several times and moving all of my care to Indiana University.  But I am reminded that HE was the one who stepped out of the box and did the Stomach Emptying Test that diagnosed my Gastroparesis!  He is a wonderful, Christian, Doctor and that is hard to find these days!

I told him all about the J-tube pain and he could not believe how long I had been suffering with this.  His exact words were "this is unacceptable".    Ya think??!!

He believes that I may have ulcers on my small bowel.  But he will not know for sure until I have another Endoscope type of procedure.    I am having this procedure done on Monday at 9:30 at Miami Valley Hospital.

I am hopeful that this will provide answers to this problem and I will be able to keep my new tube.  The pain has gotten so bad lately, I have had to stop my tube feeds at night; which is not a good thing since that is my main source of nutrition.

I continue to have hope each day.    I thank all of you for your continued prayers.  I will update you on how things go on Friday.

Today's passage is perfect for HOPE!

"I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust him.  Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit."
Romans 15:13 MSG

No comments:

Post a Comment