Friday, November 26, 2010

No Turkey for me - But still Hopeful!

I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and loved ones! Hugh, Ben and his girlfriend, Taylor, and me went to my parents house.  I am so fortunate to still have both of my parents. I know many people do not, so this is certainly something I am truly grateful for.

Many of the items in a traditional Thanksgiving dinner are actually in a GP diet. Things like mashed potatoes, white turkey meat, and sweet potatoes. I was pretty excited that I would be able to participate by eating at the table instead of watching everyone else or having something else to eat. I even made a GP friendly cake made from an organic cake mix, applesauce and egg beaters.

Unfortunately, my day did not start out well. I woke up in a GP flare up. Meaning I was very nauseated and was fearful that I was not going to be able to eat later that day. When we arrived at my parents house, I had to lay down until dinner was ready.   I did make a small plate and tried to eat. However, I was not able to keep it down and we ended up going home.

Even though I was feeling terrible, I still realized I have so much to be thankful for. First and foremost I am thankful for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ because all things come from Him. Even in my struggles and I may not understand what or why, I know he is carrying me. His plans are perfect. He works all things out for His glory!

Secondly, I am so thankful and grateful for my amazing husband Hugh. This man has provided so much for me over the last 10 years - but especially the last 2 years. He has been so strong for me when I have been so weak. I cannot express how much I love this man and how thankful I am to have him in my life.

My awesome parents. They are so supportive of me and they have always been there. Being sick just proves that you are never too old to need your mom! She has stayed with me, spent endless hours sitting at my bedside in the hospital, cleaned my house, cooked for Hugh and Ben, I could go on and on! My dad - well this man is my hero. He is my dad when he did not have to be. I love this man more than I can ever express!

My wonderful son Ben. He brings joy to me when I am down. I am so thankful that he is in my life. I love him so very much.

I'm thankful for my dog Chase. Now some people may think this is a little much, but you have to know my dog. He keeps me company during the day when I am alone. He is always by my side. He loves me unconditionally.  Ok, so it may be because I give him treats too!

I am thankful for my Church family. These people have become such an integral part of my life. I love each and everyone e of them with all my heart. They lift me up, they keep me accountable, they pray for me, and they hold no judgements.

Finally, I must say that I believe I have the best friends in the entire world! I won't mention names, because you already know who you are. You have been there for me through some of my darkest times and my happiest times. I love you all so much!

Until next time..... Happy shopping!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment