Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A little different today...

Last month a group of ladies from my church went on a weekend retreat to a B&B in London, OH.  We had a wonderful time.  I was so thankful that I was well enough to go and was able to participate in everything for the entire weekend (except for the eating, of course).

During the weekend we listened to worship music that was provided to go along with our retreat booklet.  There was a song that touched my heart (and everyone else's also) so deeply that I continue to play it today and still get the same feeling.

On this day today, it is raining and kind of dreary.  I'm not feeling all that great.  I just played this song and literally wept as it played.  I was reminded of how I am being carried by our Lord.

I decided I would share the words to this song for you.

YOU CARRY ME
by Shannon J. Wexelberg

Insufficient for the task, I will always be.
I can't lift a single finger without
your grace to strengthen me.
Who am I to think I could hold my own,
When heaven knows I'm not alone.

Oh, you care me, you point the way, you steady my feet.
You hold my hand; you are the strength of who I am.
The world may think I'm strong, but they're wrong. 
You carry me.

There are times I've felt alone, 
Seems I've called but no one came.
I couldn't sense the hand of heaven, 
but I know it was there just the same.
In the darkest moments of my life
I believe you old me tight.

Oh, you carry me, you point the way, you steady my feet.
Yeah, you hold my hand, you are the strength of who I am.
The world down here may think I'm strong,
but they're wrong.

'Cause I need you, oh, I need you,
Like the flower needs the rain.
 I need you, oh, I need you, with
every breath I take.

You carry me, you point the way,
you steady my feet.
You hold my hand, you are the
strength of who I am.

You carry me, you point the way
you steady my feet.
You hold my hand, you are the 
strength of who I am.
The world down here may
think I'm strong,
But they're wrong.
Heaven knows, heaven knows,
You carry me.

My Cafe' Sisters during the retreat  

No comments:

Post a Comment