Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hanging In There

Today's blog title reflects my current status. People have been so kind asking how I am feeling and the best I can give is "hanging in there" at this point.

I do have good news to report! The new food is working great! I have not had any issues so far. This is a major accomplishment and praise! I do not have it at the higher rate that I was at before all this happened, but it is working great.

I have lost 13 pounds of fluid that I brought home with me in my legs from the hospital too! Thank goodness, because that was very painful!

I have been calling organizations to donate the food that I have but cannot use, with no luck. Once again, if any of you know of an organization that could use this, please let me know.

I resumed my IV Iron treatments yesterday. My doctor feels that I now need a total of 8 treatments rather than 4. She took some blood and I got the results today. My liver enzymes were elevated and my potassium is high. Having that be high is very unusual for me. While I was in the hospital, it was constantly low and they had to give me medication to raise it. I go back to the doctor on Friday to have the blood drawn again.

Last night we had a scare. My J-tube (the tube that I use for my tube feeds and for some of my medications) fell out! So at 10:15 p.m., Hugh and I were on our way to Miami Valley Hospital Emergency!

They were able to put it back in on a temporary basis. But the tube needs to be replaced very soon. I am going to see if my local GI doctor (Dr. Wilson) has this type of tube or if I need to wait until I go back to IU on February 15.

I continue to deal with the nausea and the fatigue. I am hopeful that will eventually take care of itself once I continue to get more nutrition.

In my quiet time, I was reading in Revelations 21:1-4. In that is says that "God will wipe away every tear from their eyes." I admit that I have had many tears over the last month. Mostly due to frustration with the medical community in this area. It is a relief to me that He wipes my tears and bottles them away. He is such a sweet comfort to me.

Heaven's delights will far outweigh earth's difficulties.


Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment